- Replacement cost or actual cash value
- Increased Extra expense
- Business income coverage
- Employee dishonesty coverage
- Equipment breakdown coverage
Property insurance protects a person or business with an interest in physical property against its loss or the loss of its income-producing abilities. Property coverage has multiple parts including Building coverage, Business Personal Property and Loss of Income coverages:
- Business Personal Property: Traditionally known as "contents," this term actually refers to furniture, fixtures, equipment, machinery, merchandise, materials, and all other personal property owned by the insured and used in the insured's business.
- Business Income Coverage Form: A commercial property form providing coverage for "indirect losses" resulting from property damage, such as loss of business income and extra expenses incurred. It has replaced earlier Business Interruption and Extra Expense forms.
- Business Interruption Insurance: A type of policy that pays for loss of earnings when operations are curtailed or suspended because of property loss.